Friday 24 July 2009

(It's Good) To Be Free








Oasis wound up their UK Summer dates in the capital the other weekend. Despite the continuous downpour both the band & the crowd were on blistering form.

I was looking forward to my first visit to the newly rebuilt Wembley (the last time I was here was for their shambolic gig in 2000) and it didn't disappoint.

It was the 40th time I've seen Oasis, since 1994, and undoubtedly one of the finest. I've never seen Liam so animated on stage - hyping the crowd & brandishing his mic stand like a trophy.

The set was an interesting mix drawing heavily on their classic debut, it was especially cool to hear "Slide Away" live for the first time in years.
  1. F***in' In The Bushes
  2. Rock 'n' Roll Star
  3. Lyla
  4. The Shock Of The Lightning
  5. Cigarettes & Alcohol
  6. Roll With It
  7. To Be Where There's Life
  8. Waiting For The Rapture
  9. The Masterplan
  10. Songbird
  11. Slide Away
  12. Morning Glory
  13. My Big Mouth
  14. The Importance of Being Idle
  15. Half The World Away
  16. I'm Outta Time
  17. Wonderwall
  18. Supersonic
  19. Live Forever
  20. Don't Look Back In Anger
  21. Falling Down
  22. Champagne Supernova
  23. I Am The Walrus